Montag, 17. November 2014

Luxor Folklore Group

AAAAAWESOME!
Just back from my last "Luxor adventure" - okay - you may also call it dance retreat (or, as I now decided to rename it: Eshta!!! Live Music Oriental Dance Festival) - and Alexia, my friend and also Oriental Dancer and Teacher in Italy and me, enjoyed every single minute in Luxor!

So thankful to my dear friends - Mostafa and Megahed - who always take care of me and my friends and give us the possibility to live real egyptian life and learn so much about egyptian dance and music.

Last week in Luxor was held the "International Festival of spontaneous arts and childrens theatre" and at the end of the festival the city organized a big closing show with the Luxor Folklore Group (Fir'at el uqsur el funuun el shaabiya) in Dar Saqqafa - the Luxor Culture Palace.
My friends invited me and Alexia to see the show and it was an exciting evening! We were sitting there in this theatre, surrounded by egyptians (we both the only foreigns there) - there were men, women, families with their children whom came there to pass a relaxed and joyful evening, to listen to some folklore music and see some dance.

The whole show was accompanied by the live music of the orchestra and their awesome singers. The show started - obviousely - with an assaya piece! Sure - we are in Said/Upper Egypt! How can you NOT begin the show with their own traditional dance!!!
Hamdi - the soloist dancer and dear friend of mine - entered the stage with his solo piece and after all the other dancers following - first men, after also the female dancers followed.




 The atmosphere inside Dar Saqqafa was stunning - people having fun, everybody clapping hands, singing, enjoying themselves.... and Alexia and me were in the middle of all this emotions - like in a cradle of love and gladness - wonderful!

After the assaya following various other folkore dances - for example - fellahi, nubian, hagalla, tanoura and the most special - two girls doing a sufi piece. Really really special!




 I'd like to thank my friends Mostafa, Megahed, Hamdi, Mostafa Desha, Ayman and EVERYBODY from the folklore group - we had such an exciting evening and we were very very happy to have the possibility to watch the show :-)
hug you all
wahastini!!!!!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen